Thousands of Turkish workers waiting for evacuation from Libya took refuge in a football stadium in the Eastern city of Benghazi where they heard gunfire and explosions during the night, a witness said on Monday.
Violent riots against the Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi that spread to the capital, Tripoli, where dozens of people were reported killed during the night. His son promised to fight until the "last man standing" after dozens of protesters were killed in the East of the country.
Sertac Karan, an Executive with the construction of Turkish company Arsel, told Reuters by telephone of the stadium near the airport in Benghazi: "after the funeral prayer we can hear shootings and explosions.
"It's totally out of control, we see the 15 and 16-years loading Kalashnikovs."
About 3500 Turks were waiting for evacuation in the stadium, said Karan arrived three days after the company's sites were looted.
Members of the security forces have changed in uniform and joined protests to avoid being attacked by protesters, he said.
Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said a press conference at the end of a visit to Tunisia that should be avoided bloodshed and order restored in Libya.
"We decided to bring the people back as soon as possible," he said. "Fortunately there was no loss of life (Turkish) so far."
Speaking in Ankara, Foreign Trade Minister Zafer Caglayan said looters had attacked Turkish companies, which have projects in Libya is worth more than $ 15 billion, and estimated there were 25000 Turkish employees working there.
Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan spoke by phone to Gaddafi, according to the Minister of Commerce.
Hidir Yentur, Manager of logistics with a construction company in Al Bayda, eastern Libya, said that workers were forced to switch to a safer place, once your site has been hacked by looters.
"A group attacked our construction site and had to computers, but they do nothing for us. The water is low, "Yentur told Reuters by telephone of Libya.
SEVEN PLANES READY
Davutoglu said that about 550 people were taken of Tripoli, on Sunday, but it became impossible to land in Benghazi.
Davutoglu said that seven aircraft were ready to go there, since the airport was usable. There were unconfirmed reports before the opposition demonstrators had taken control of the airport.
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário